No-Bake Nativity Fast Cookies
Serving Size: 8 large cookies
Written By: Molly Jenkins
Column: Theosis Through the Arts
Issue: Set to Appear in the December Issue of the Newsletter
- 1 ½ cup organic oats
- ¼ cup peanut butter (or other nut butter of the same consistency)
- ¼ cup coconut or vegetable oil
- ¼ cup almond, soy, or coconut milk
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. Cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- Put oats in a small mixing bowl.
- In a pan stir together the peanut butter, oil, dairy-free milk, sugar, honey, and cocoa.
- Stir ingredients in the pan, melt and mix.
- Add vanilla to the mixture.
- Add the liquid to the oats.
- Stir mixture together.
- Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Use a large spoon or ice cream scooper to place mixture onto the parchment paper.
- Store in the freezer and allow them to freeze for a minimum of 30 min.
Happy Fasting! ~Molly Jenkins