Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix – In a Jar
Written By: Elyse Hawkins
Issue: Set to Appear in the Special Christmas Edition of the Newsletter
- ¾ cup dry milk powder
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbl. milk chocolate chips
- 2 Tbl. crushed candy canes and/or mint baking chips
- ½ cup mini marshmallows
- Layer the dry milk powder, cocoa powder, and powdered sugar in that order in the bottom of a pint-sized wide-mouth mason jar (or any other jar you have on hand).
- Next, add the chocolate chips and candy canes. Place the mini marshmallows on top to fill the rest of the jar (you can add more marshmallows if necessary). Add a lid and attach this printable recipe card. I actually used Mod Podge to attach the label directly to the jar, but there are many different ways you can attach it. Add some ribbon and decorations that will make this a great present for any friends or family around the holiday season.