Creamy Shrimp Tomato Sauce and Fish
By: Molly Jenkins
Issue: Set to Appear in the February Issue of the Newsletter
Column: Theosis Through the Arts
- 8 packets of frozen cod
- 1 package of small shrimp
- 6 servings of rice
- Half of a large onion
- 1 tomato
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- ¼ cup Flour
- ¾ cup water (or more)
- 2 garlic cloves
- Coconut milk or cream
- Small can of tomato paste (about 6 oz.)
- Parmesan cheese
- Lemon and pepper spices
- Thaw cod and shrimp.
- Begin sauce by browning onions and garlic with butter or margarine.
- Once these are browned,, gradually add in chopped tomato, coconut milk, tomato paste, flour, and water. Continually stir on low-medium heat. The sauce should be moderately thick.
- In a separate pot begin cooking rice.
- Once fish is thawed, oil a pan and begin cooking the fish. Season fish with rosemary, and lemon and pepper spices. Add the thawed shrimp to the sauce.
- Serve fish on a plate of rice. Drip the shrimp sauce on top of your fish and rice. If it’s not a fasting period sprinkle parmesan cheese on top of your meal. You can also have a bowl of sauce and eat it as a soup.
Note: This recipe is quick and easy. The sauce can be made by itself and used with spaghetti or eaten as a tomato shrimp soup! It can easily be made into a feasting meal.
Happy Fasting! ~Molly Jenkins